Election Day 2014 saw Oregon, Alaska and the District of Columbia pass laws legalizing recreational marijuana. Almost half the states in this country have laws permitting medical marijuana. As state and local marijuana laws continue to proliferate, join us for an informative and timely 60-minute webinar addressing critical questions for employers, including:
- How do these laws impact employers’ policies prohibiting the use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace?
- Isn’t marijuana still illegal under federal law?
- Must employers comply with state and local laws allowing the use of marijuana under certain circumstances?
- Are employers required to accommodate disabled employees who state that they need to use marijuana for medical purposes?
- Are employers required to tolerate recreational use of marijuana in states that permit it, if the employer has a zero-tolerance policy?
- How do these marijuana laws affect employers’ drug testing policies, given that drug tests cannot detect whether drug use was on-duty or off-duty?
- What are the risks for employers who follow federal law? What are the risks for employers who follow state and local laws? Is there any way to comply with all applicable laws?
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Date/Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST
Credit: 1 HRCI Credit (Pending)